2. If a student is denied admission or enrollment by the institution, the student will receive a full refund of all monies paid, except for nonrefundable charges.
3. Registration fee is non-refundable and non-transferable.
4. Mail and/or courier fees are refundable only if admissions/enrollment related documents were not mailed by the school.
5. If the institution cancels the student’s program of study subsequent to a student’s enrollment, the institution will refund all monies paid by the student.
6. Prorated tuition refunds will be calculated on a weekly basis.
7. If the student attends classes even for one day of the week, the school will count that week as whole week for the purpose of calculating tuition refunds.
8. All refunds will be made within 45 calendar days.
9. If a student never attends class (no-show) or cancels the enrollment prior to the class start date, all refunds due will be made within fortyfive (45) calendar days of the first scheduled day of class or the date of cancellation, whichever is earlier.
10. If a student attends class, the refund due will be calculated using the last date of attendance (LDA) and be paid within forty-five (45) calendar days from the documented date of determination.
11. If a student provides advanced notice of withdrawal such that the 45-day window ends before the last date of attendance, the refund will be paid within forty-five (45) calendar days from the last date of attendance (LDA).
12. Zoni representative has the task to submit any refund request from the student to Zoni Accounting. Written notification is not required.
13. Refunds will be made only to the person, company or agency that paid the school. If the student paid for a program through an agency, s/he must apply directly to that agency for a refund.
14. All refunds will be made in the form of a check. However, if school related fees were paid by credit card, then the school will remit refund funds to the original credit card used for payment. If school related fees were paid by wire transfer, then the school will remit funds to the bank account from which payment originated.
15. A student who applies for a change of status and starts classes while waiting for the Department of Homeland Security’s approval on their petition may qualify for a tuition refund in accordance to number 20.
16. If a student would like the school to remit refund funds to a person other than the student, he/she must provide a letter authorizing Zoni Language Centers to make check payable to the person assigned by the student. A valid proof of identification must be presented by assignee when claiming check. This is only applicable to tuition payments made by cash or check.
a. the equivalent of four weeks of payment at the nondiscounted rate for a payment of less than 12 weeks, all actual housing costs incurred by the school, and all nonrefundable school fees.
b. the equivalent of six weeks of payment at the nondiscounted rate for a payment of 12 weeks or more, all
actual housing costs incurred by the school, and all nonrefundable school fees.
17. If a student who enters the United States on an I-20 form obtained through the school, and subsequently cancels prior to the start of scheduled classes or never attends class, the school will retain:
a. the equivalent of four weeks of payment at the non-discounted rate for a payment of less than 12 weeks, all actual housing costs incurred by the school, and all non-refundable school fees.
b. the equivalent of six weeks of payment at the non-discounted rate for a payment of 12 weeks or more, all actual housing
costs incurred by the school, and all non-refundable school fees.
18. If student has started classes, the tuition payment will be reimbursed according to the following criteria:
a. Tuition payments for four weeks or less: Tuition payment is not refundable, not transferable and student is no eligible to make up any lost class time.
b. Tuition payments for more than four weeks:
I. If a student withdraws within the first four weeks after starting classes, the school will retain the amount equivalent
to four weeks of payment at the non-discounted rate and will refund remaining balance to student.
II. If a student withdraws after the first four weeks of attending classes but before or at the midpoint of their payment, Zoni
will retain a prorated tuition amount at the non-discounted rate and will refund remaining balance to student.
III.If a student withdraws after the midpoint of their payment, he/she will not be eligible for any tuition
19. In the event that no notice of withdrawal (written or verbal) is provided, the school will automatically administratively withdraw the student after s/he has been absent for a maximum of 30 consecutive calendar days (excluding any scheduled breaks of the school) and complete a refund calculation, processing any refunds to or on behalf of the student.
20. For students who have completed the first period of financial obligation or extended their enrollment at the institution but whose last date of attendance occurs before or at the midpoint of any subsequent period of financial obligation, the institution may retain a prorated amount of tuition for that period.
21. For students whose last date of attendance occurs after the midpoint of any subsequent period of financial obligation, the institution may retain all of the tuition for that period. Any tuition paid for the balance of the program will be refunded in full.
These terms and conditions apply to all students at the School, and you should read and try to understand them. If you need help understanding them please ask a member of the School’s office staff.
Please note that tuition fees do not include fees for external examinations, books, registration fees, accommodation, social activities or transport.
We are open for classes every week (with the exception of bank holidays and two weeks over Christmas when the school is closed). Students may start classes on any Monday, except those weeks which begin on a bank holiday Monday and the last Monday of each term. When there is a bank holiday classes start the following day, Tuesday. The School is closed on weekends.
The School and its facilities are open to all students between 8am and 5:30pm Monday to Friday.
Some activities, such as parties and film evenings, may take place outside the specified opening times.
Length of Courses
There is a minimum enrolment period of 1 week.
We do our best to ensure that students can study at their chosen time. In some cases this may not be possible and your placement into a class may change in order to maintain the most effective learning environment for our students. The school cannot guarantee the students course timetable, although every effort is made to comply with the students’ initial booking. The school reserves the right to alter the timetable, cancel or combine classes when necessary, or make changes to course arrangements, without liability. No refunds can be given in such instances.
The GE-15 session consists of one main session, where the actual teaching time is 2 hours and 15 minutes.
The GE-5 workshop session, consists of 45 minutes’ tuition.
The GE-20 course includes a GE-15 and a GE-5 workshop session.
The GE-25 course includes a GE-15 and two GE-5 workshop sessions.
The GE-30 course includes two GE-15 session, morning and afternoon.
The GE-35 course includes two GE-15 and a GE-5 workshop session.
The GE-40 course includes two GE-15 and two GE-5 workshop sessions.
Specialist Courses and Business English
Courses include a GE-15 main session and a one-to-one or small group workshop on the specialist topic.
Please note that on the first day of school, all students are tested so that the school can determine their level of English and place them in the most suitable class. Testing and placement procedures may take up the whole morning, therefore the school cannot guarantee that students will be able to attend classes on the first day of their course.
Students should ensure that all mobile phones are switched off during classes and in the self-study area.
All fees must be paid in full before the start of the course. Students will not be able to start attending their classes until full payment is received. Similarly, accommodation will not be booked until full payment is received. The school normally requires full payment at least two weeks before the student’s arrival.
For those students who require visas in order to enter the UK, please note that Visa Invitation Letters will only be issued once full payment has been received.
As shown on the Enrolment Form, all international bank transfers are subject to a bank fee of £10.
If students require the original Visa Invitation Letter (or other documents), as a standard procedure, the School will send it by Royal Mail Recorded Delivery free of charge (estimated delivery time: 2 weeks).
Alternatively, the School will send it by DHL courier for a fee of £50, payable upfront (estimated delivery time: 2 days).
Transfer of Payments
Please note that payments made by one student cannot be transferred to another student at the School, except at the discretion of the Principal.
Changes in Course or Accommodation Arrangements
Course changes from one level to another are free of charge, but must be agreed by the Director of Studies or the Office Manager. Please note that changes in the course and accommodation arrangements are possible before the student’s arrival: however, they will be subject to a £40 amendment charge if the booking has already been confirmed. Students will be placed in and moved between classes if necessary to ensure that they are receiving the most appropriate level of
tuition for their ability. Such changes must be approved by the Director of Studies or the Office Manager.
Changes in accommodation are possible at no extra charge if booking confirmation has not been sent to the student (prior to arrival) and if the school receives the following notice: Homestay/ School Residence: at least 2 weeks’ notice
Student Halls of Residence/Hotel – at least 4 weeks’ notice (Prior to arrival ONLY. Bookings cannot be amended if the tenancy has already started) If the student fails to give the required notice and wishes to change accommodation immediately after the tenancy already started, a 2 weeks rent will be charged for the students staying in Homestay or School Residence.
Halls of residence or hotel bookings cannot be cancelled or amended, therefore the student will be charged for the full booking period. If students are dissatisfied with their accommodation or a conflict of interest arises, at the discretion
of the Accommodation and Welfare officer, a change in accommodation will be made as soon as possible.
Prior to arrival If you wish to cancel or amend a course and apply for a refund, all requests must be made in writing.
Course amendments will incur a £40 amendment fee.
Course cancellation in incur the following charges:
£100 – cancellation fee
£45 – course registration fee
£10 – bank charges
£50 – courier charges (if applicable)
During the Course
The student is not entitled to a refund after the course has commenced. In this case, a credit note may be issued at the discretion of the Principal. This credit is non-transferable and can be used within 12 months from the date it was issued.
Prior to Arrival If you wish to cancel a course and apply for a refund you may only do so in case of a visa refusal: any
claims based on a visa refusal must be in writing and must be accompanied by a copy of the refusal
You will not be eligible for a refund if your visa was refused because of:
• The making of a false or dishonest statement
• Use of false documents
• The withholding of relevant information used in the Enrolment and Accommodation
Application form and or Application for confirmation of Acceptance of Studies.
Please note that the School reserves the right to seek independent confirmation of visa refusal from the British Authorities.
All refunds will incur the following charges:
£100 – cancellation fee
£45 – course registration fee
£10 – bank charges
£50 – courier charges (if applicable)
Any permitted course amendments require a payment of £40. For Tier 4 students, once the CAS Number has been used, no course amendments are permitted.
During the Course
Cancellation or amendment of the course after the student’s arrival is not permitted, therefore NO REFUND will be granted.
Accommodation Bookings – Applicable to all Students If accommodation has been booked with the school then this may only be cancelled, prior to arrival, if the following minimum written notice is given:
a) Homestay/Burlington School Residence – at least 2 weeks’ prior to arrival
b) Student halls of residence/hotel – at least 4 weeks’ prior to arrival
In case of cancellation, refunds will be issued as follows:
1) Homestay/Burlington School Residence: full refund on accommodation costs, less £40 accommodation booking fee.
2) Student halls of residence/ hotel: refund on accommodation costs, less 2 weeks rent, less £40 accommodation booking fee.
Cancellations made after the time specified in a) and b) above will result in the following:
1) Homestay/Burlington School Residence: refund on accommodation costs, less 4 weeks rent, less £40 accommodation booking fee, and 3% credit card charges (if applicable)
2) Student halls of residence/Hotel: NO REFUND Once at the school, changes to accommodation may be permitted subject to availability if two weeks written notice for homestay/ School Residence is given and upon payment of a £40
administrative charge. No changes are permitted for student halls of residence/hotel bookings
All refunds are paid by cheque. Refunds may take up to 6 weeks to be processed and claims must be made using our refund application form which is available from the office upon request.
Refunds will only be made to the person or organisation that paid in the first instance. Refunds do not apply to group bookings unless expressly authorized by the Principal.
When the student is in breach of the Terms and Conditions, and therefore not eligible for a refund, a credit note may be issued at the discretion of the Principal. This credit is non transferable and can be used within 12 months from the date it was issued.
You should be aware that the policy of the school, in common with other similar schools, is to grant refunds only in the case of a visa refusal, providing specific conditions are met. Any other case is not eligible for a refund and any exceptions to this are entirely at the Principal’s discretion. Please ensure you read and understand the Terms outlined in the refunds section: if you have trouble understanding them, please contact us via email before you book your course.
Deferring your Course
If you are not entitled to a refund, you may wish to return to the school at a future date to continue
studying in the future. This is possible upon the provision of at least one week’s notice, although a
second registration fee and bank transfer fee will be deducted from the remaining fees. All students
should expect that the UK Border Agency will be immediately notified of any course deferrals. For
Tier 4 students deferrals are not allowed and by law we must inform the appropriate authorities.
We do not advise course deferrals.
Courses of between 1 and 4 weeks: No holiday allowance
Courses of between 5 and 12 weeks: 2 weeks
Courses of between 13 and 23 weeks: 4 weeks
Courses of between 24 and 47 weeks: 6 weeks
Courses of 48 and over weeks: 9 weeks
All students are granted two weeks holiday at Christmas when the school is closed. Please see our
website at www.burlingtonschool.co.uk for specific dates.
All students must notify the school office in advance before they take a personal holiday. Students
can request a holiday form from the school office or reception. Holidays must be booked at the
latest on the Wednesday before the Monday that the holiday should start. No holidays should be
taken without first informing the school office. If students do not book their holiday at the school
office, they will be marked absent and the school may notify the Home Office or Immigration
authorities which might make it difficult for students to retain or extend their visa. This also applies
if students take time off outside their holiday allowance. If for any reason, students cannot attend
classes due to illness or other uncontrollable circumstances, students must fill out an Unscheduled
Absence Form which is available, upon request from the school office or reception. No refunds will
be given in these cases.
You are expected to attend classes every day that the school is open. The school must keep records
of the attendance of students. No refunds or credits are given in respect of missed classes. The
school is obliged to report Tier 4 General Students who miss 10 consecutive days on their course of
study without reasonably granted permission within ten working days of the 10th day of absence.
See immigration rules.
Where possible we try to arrange accommodation as close to the school as possible. We ONLY start
to look for accommodation once full payment has been received. Accommodation is confirmed only
when the student receives the official booking confirmation via email.
For visa students, we must receive confirmation of visa approval in order to book accommodation. In
order for the school to book accommodation and airport transfer the Arrival Details form must be
completed correctly. Copies of airplane tickets are not accepted. For students requiring a visa,
confirmation of visa approval is required.
Students agree that they will leave the accommodation booked by the school as soon as the course
is finished, and agree not to attempt to make their own separate arrangements with the school’s
All students staying in the school accommodation should comply with the rules set by their host
families or landlords. Students are liable for any damage or expenses incurred during their tenancy.
All students staying in host families or halls of residence accommodation may be asked to pay a
deposit on arrival against any damages to the property or loss of room/house keys: the amount of
the deposit may vary and is set directly by the landlord/management company.
School Residence Bookings
All students staying in the school residence are asked to pay a £50 deposit when they are given the
keys. This deposit covers any damages or replacing keys that are lost. Students must return their set
of keys on the day of their departure from the residence and the £50 deposit will be returned to
them. If students fail to return the keys on their departure date, the school will keep the £50 deposit
which will cover the cost of replacing the missing set of keys.
Administration fees apply to all bookings and are as follows:
£45 – Registration fee for EU, SVV and ESVV
£65 – GSV, Tier 4
£40 – Accommodation finding fee
Students on courses longer than 1 week must have course books which can be purchased from the
school office. Photocopies of books are not allowed and students will not be permitted into class
without original books. Book prices can be found on the price list. For students on GE-30, GE-35 and
GE-40 courses two course books are required.
Photography and Video Recording
During your time at the school, photography and video recordings may be taking place. Some
pictures and videos may be used in our publicity. If you do not want to be included lease notify the
End of Course Certificates will be issued by the school at the end of the course. However, certificates
are only issued upon request. Students must request their certificate at the school office at least 2
days prior to the end of their course. The school cannot guarantee that certificates can be made on
the same day.
This is to confirm that I have applied to undertake a full-time course of study at the Burlington
School of English in London the details of which can be found on my Enrolment Application Form.
I hereby confirm that:
• I fully intend to attend classes at The Burlington School of English on a regular basis.
• I do understand that if I do not attend classes on a regular basis, do not make adequate
progress, do not provide the Burlington School with a reasonable justification for any of my
absences and miss classes without reasonably granted permission, the Burlington School is
under the obligation to report my attendance activity to the UK Border Agency which may
affect my permission to stay in the UK if I am a Tier 4 General Student under the Point’sBased
• I intend to study to the best of my ability and to take all progress exams during the duration
of my course of study.
• I undertake to ensure that the Burlington School is kept notified of my current address at all
times while I remain a student at the school and I will inform the school of any changes to
my contact details within 10 working days from the date the changes are made.
• I do understand that the Burlington School retains the right to terminate my enrolment
should it subsequently be discovered that the information provided in support of my
application was inaccurate or incomplete or a misrepresentation of my English language
• I am aware that The Burlington School collects processes and holds student data for
administrative, academic, statutory support and health and safety reasons. It may disclose
student data for the meeting of legal obligations to the UK Border Agency, for the purposes
of Council Tax exemption, for the purposes of Student Oyster card with Transport for
London and, when legally required, for other government information-gathering exercises in
accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998.
• Please refer to our abusive behaviour and expulsion policies for more details concerning
I have read and understood these terms and conditions, and I agree to be bound by them.
Our refund policy follows the directives of the British Columbia Private Post
Secondary Education Act. Students who want to withdraw their registration must provide written notice with a sufficient reason for withdrawing.
Registration fees and Homestay Registration fees are non-refundable.
1.Withdrawals relating to Student Authorizations
We will refund all tuition fees if an international student is denied authorization to study in Canada by Citizenship and Immigration, or does not receive
authorization before their registered starting date, provided the student:
• notifies us of the circumstances at least 10 working days before the start of the program
• provides documentation issued by Immigration Canada explaining the circumstances within 5 working days before the start of the program
• returns the original Letter of Acceptance to us as well as documents
issued by Immigration Canada
2.Withdrawals not relating to Student Authorizations
If written notice of withdrawal is received:
Within 7 days after your registration is acknowlr=dged and before the
reqistered start date
30 days or more before the registered start date
Within 30 days of the registered start date
Within 10% of the registered length of study
Within 30% of the registered length of study
After 30% of the registered length of study
The student receives a refund of:
100% of the tuition fees minus 25% to a maximum of $400
75% of the tuition fees
60% of the tuition fees
50% of the tuition fees
30% of the tuition fees