22 W 34th St, New York, NY 10001
(212) 736-9000


Learn English in New York, New Jersey and Florida

Frequently Asked Questions

Everything you need to know

Questions about Zoni

If your English level is lower, a long-term program is the best way to make big improvements. We offer Academic Semester or Academic Year courses which cover the level needed for admission to a community college or state university. If you do not have much time or want to study for a shorter period, you could consider an Intensive English course. If travel and tourism is your focus a Semi-Intensive English course provides a lighter workload. For a more career-focused course, take one of our ESL for Business or English for Specific purpose courses. Studentse interested in enrolling for higher education should contact our University Placement Advisor at: contact@zoni.com.
Students like our different English courses for various reasons. For example, Miami Beach is very popular with younger students and is our busiest center for the Cambridge ESOL Exam Preparation Course. We also run attractive courses in New York and New Jersey. These destinations tend to appeal to students over 16 years of age who are interested in an intensive or semi- intensive course. Our English for Specific Purposes is also very popular in these centers.
For our general courses we accept all levels of English proficiency. The only courses that require a specific proficiency are ESL for Business (intermediate), English for Specific Purpose (intermediate) and Exam preparation (upper intermediate).
If you need to see a doctor, your support staff at Zoni will arrange this for you. If you like, a group leader can also go with you. If you have insurance that wasn’t arranged by Zoni, please contact your insurance provider immediately to find out where you should go. If you do not have any valid health insurance you will need to pay for all medical treatments and prescriptions. It is strongly recommended, that our students take out a full insurance before they leave their home country.
The first thing you should do is approach your teacher. They are very open to your needs and will listen to you. Sometimes, when you first arrive, because you are nervous and perhaps lack confidence in using English, you do not perform as well as you actually could. Therefore, you may need to settle in. If you and your teacher both feel that the class is wrong for you, we will correct the situation.
Yes, all students are given a Zoni Language Centers certificate upon successful completion of a course. Students may also request an attendance certificate. You are expected, unless you are sick, to attend school each day. You are also expected to be on time. Your teacher will also provide report detailing the progress you have made.
You can join classes on Mondays, so we recommend you arrive on the Saturday or Sunday before your start date.
No, these are entirely optional. These activities are offered to give students the opportunity to have some fun outside the classroom. You must pay for the optional activities and excursions. You can pay for these at Zoni once you have begun your course. Keep in mind that some of our courses offer field trips as part of the curriculum.
Yes, Zoni Language Centers is proud to receive groups of students for our courses. For more information, please contact us via e-mail at snieto@zoni.com.
Each Zoni campus has its own social program to make sure you have a great time during your stay.
The person meeting you at the airport will have a sign with 'Zoni Language Centers' and your name on it. They will also have all of your information, including your name, flight details and onward transportation. They will normally be standing at the barrier where you come out after collecting your luggage. They will be looking for you and are usually very good at spotting our students. If, for some reason, you do not meet up with them, go to the information desk and ask them to call the representative from Zoni language Centers. Stay near the information desk and they will come to you.
All students would like to live close to the school, but in reality this is not always possible to arrange. You should be prepared to travel to school each day by train or bus. Your host family will help you and provide information regarding the local transportation route and how to get to school.
At Zoni, we do our best to place you in a great home. If a student is not happy, for whateve reason, we take immediate action. First we discuss the issue with the student, and if for instance they did not have enough food or can't work the shower, we would sort it out with the family. However, if there was a personality clash or they were allergic to an animal for example, we would arrange a new host family. Whatever the problem, big or small, we endeavor to solve it.
Applications can be done either by filling out our application form, or by booking online. For more information about our admissions process, please contact our students service representative at contact@zoni.com. Do not forget to review our Terms and Conditions.
On your first day of class, you will take an English assessment. This checks your grammar, writing, listening and speaking skills. Your course level will be based on your assessment results. If you want an idea of your English proficiency level right now, please contact our academic advisors at kkzarts@zoni.com.
We offer exam preparation courses for TOEFL iBT, IELTS and the Cambridge exams (FCE, CAE and CPE). Please note that the exam fee is not included in the tuition price and needs to be paid separately.
Each school has a Director of Studies, Academic Advisors and various other staff members who are all happy to answer your questions. You will also have a teacher assigned to your class who can help with any course related questions.
For the biggest choice of accommodation options please book as early as possible but in general it also possible to enroll for a course at fairly short notice.
We provide free Internet access to our students. We are also Wireless enabled so you access the Internet from your laptop, tablet or mobile phone. You can also use our student computer to check your emails, use the Internet and to stay in touch with your friends and family at home.
Wire Transfer Payment: Payments made by wire transfer will be subject to a $30.00 wire-transfer fee. Credit Card Payment: Zoni accepts Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Dinners Club and Discover credit cards. Please check with your bank to make sure that your credit card can be used in the United States and to determine your daily transaction limit. Other Methods of Payment: The school accepts traveler's checks, and cash. Students are cautioned against carrying large sums of cash.
Please review all the terms & conditions as well as our refund policies. For further question you can contact your student service representative or write to contact@zoni.com

Additional Information

You will receive detailed instructions regarding obtaining your visa with your I-20. You can also find useful information at: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/study-exchange/student.html
The I-20 is the Certificate of Eligibility for Nonimmigrant (F-1) Status. This document enables you to apply for your F-1 visa.
Yes, Zoni Language Centers is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant alien students to its programs. This means that international students are welcome to study with us. Please note that F-1 visa holders must study full-time at all times.
After you receive your I-20, you will need to pay your SEVIS fee — you can do this online. As soon as your SEVIS fee is paid, you will need to contact the nearest American embassy or consulate to make a visa appointment. Please feel free to contact us at contact@zoni.com for further questions.
If you are on an F-1 visa, U.S. immigration regulations require that you be a full-time student. Some visa types do permit part-time study (Please contact our office if you have questions).
Conditional acceptance means that you are accepted into an undergraduate program, but you have not yet met the University's English proficiency requirement. After you meet that requirement, you will be able to transfer to the university who has extended your conditional admission.
USA – Yes, but you will need to request a new I-20 and pay a fee as well. In some cases you will need to go back to the American Consulate to report the change. After you arrive, you must contact the original school to find out about your cancellation responsibilities. UK – If you are on a short-term study visa it is possible. Although you must check with your school advisor to find out what your responsibilities are. If you are on a Tier 4 visa please contact us for information. Canada – Yes. However, after arrival ensure you see the school advisor in case you require a work permit.