Course 8330: English for Specific Purposes (Advanced English)
English for Specific Purposes is a one-on-one or small group course designed for students with advanced English. This intensive course prepares students for graduate studies and/or career growth. Moreover, students master important skills including reading, writing, speaking and listening. In addition, other sub-skills such as pronunciation, vocabulary and grammar are also included.
The English for Specific Purposes course covers a variety of academic topics such as anthropology, poetry, economics, ecology, as well as a range of industry related themes for business purposes. Further to this, student’s specific needs are met through individualized topics.
Looking for a business English course? Find out more about our ESL for Business course.
- The English for Special Purposes course is covers topics relevant to the student’s career or academic field. As a result, students bring an extra level of motivation and interest into classes.
- Students are able to apply what they learn to their studies or industry.
- Students are shown how to express relevant subject matter in English.
- English for Special Purposes combines subject matter and English language teaching methods.
- Above all, using the vocabulary and structures that they learn in a meaningful context, reinforces what is taught and increases student’s motivation.