Guardianship Services

We believe all children deserve safe and stable homes and where they have access to educational opportunities abroad. Our providers represent children in guardianship cases to ensure that they have the stability they need in order to study abroad without with any of the parents.

What is a legal guardianship?

Legal guardianship refers to the decision by both parents that a responsible person over the age of 18 will have custody of their child under 18 who needs a safe place to live during their study abroad program. Guardianship does not terminate the rights of parents, but it can allow guardians to make decisions about their child’s life during their parents’ absence.

How can Zoni providers help you?

Zoni’s providers may be able to assist you with the guardianship process if you child is planning to study abroad and they are over the age of 12 and are not accompanied by parents or current guardians. If your child is under 12, contact your Zoni advisor to explore your options.

What does a guardian do?

A guardian is someone who cares for a child under 18 years of age and makes decisions that a parent would usually make. This means a guardian is in charge of things like:

  • Providing a child with a safe place to live
  • Providing a child food and clothes
  • Supporting a child’s academic goals and helping with anything related to school
  • Taking a child to see a doctor when the child is sick or hurt
  • Helping a child make life decisions
  • Helping a child learn real new world skills

22 W 34th St, Nueva York, NY 10001